Proofreading manuscripts are something that a writer will almost certainly want to consider using professional proofreading services for. Proofreading articles or thesis proofreading of one or two pages is difficult enough, but an entire manuscript is a much larger undertaking. A professional proofreader will be familiar with the process and aware of changes that while small may become issues. Before proofreading the genre of the manuscript should be provided, the purpose that the manuscript is trying to achieve, and the type and level of proofreading requested. Manuscript proofreading will generally include:
- Checking grammar, spelling, and punctuation for mistakes.
- Marking up heading and other non-body text
- Ensuring tone used is appropriate for the intended audience
- Making the text consistent with house style which ensures consistency across content
Proofreading services will range from a final polishing to in-depth proofreading that may require the writer’s involvement.
Save your time while proofreading with the best essay scorer!
Manuscript proofreading rates
Rates for manuscript proofreading services may vary considerably. Rates may be per page, per hour, per word, or on some occasions per project. Rates based on a per word basis are the most accurate and in general the preferred method for calculating final costs. There are several things that may affect the rates charged including:
- Subject matter – The manuscripts topic can influence rates as an expert in the topic field may be necessary in some cases.
- Time frame – How fast the manuscript is needed will be reflected in rates. Fast turnaround times on proofreading jobs will usually result in higher rates.
- Level of proofreading – The depth of proofreading for a job can have a substantial effect on the rates charged.
Always check what precisely is being provided for the rates being charged. There are many legitimate services out there, but a few do exist that make a standard practice of hidden charges that you aren’t aware of until it is too late. If selecting a manuscript proofreading service is proving difficult, seek out a company that provides a service for proofreading manuscripts that is among the best in the industry.
Finding services for manuscript proofreading
You need a service that will provide manuscript proofreading services that are very affordable and of the highest standard. They must have editors, proofreaders, and writers that are professionals with extensive experience. They must also be well qualified to satisfy any proofreading requirements you may have. When you use their service some of the advantages should include:
- Guarantee of complete customer satisfaction and on time delivery for every job
- Around the clock customer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Fast and easy online order and payment process
- Complete customer confidentiality