If you need proofreading my paper or personal statement proofreading it can be a time consuming and tedious task. It requires concentration and focus to do the job correctly. The following are some general tips that can help you to do a better job when you have proofreading tasks to perform:
- Find a quiet area without distractions to do your proofreading. This contributes to your ability to maintain your concentration.
- Allow some time between writing and proofreading. In general the longer the piece, the longer you should leave it alone.
- Break up proofreading into smaller sections and take breaks in between sections to clear your mind. Avoid reading or writing during your breaks if possible.
- Try and approach proofreading when you are fresh and wide awake. Proofreading when tired usually isn’t very effective
Using these general strategies with other proofreading techniques makes the entire process more effective.
Proofreading techniques to improve effectiveness
When you proofread your own work, it sometimes seems as if your own brain turns against you. It tricks your eyes into believing all is as it should be rather seeing the mistakes that are actually there. Most people who proofread often develop their own strategy using a variety of proofreading tips and techniques that work for them. The following are some effective proofreading techniques you may want to incorporate into your own approach:
- Read work out loud when proofreading. This often will bring some previously unnoticed mistakes to your attention.
- Read the paper backwards. This forces you to focus on each word separately and out of context.
- Look for one type of problem at a time. For example go through the paper looking only for spelling mistakes. Next look only for errors in punctuation, and so on.
- Keep track of mistakes you make on a regular basis and do a separate check just for them.
- Print a hard copy of the paper to proofread. The different format makes mistakes easier to spot, and you can use a blank piece of paper to cover all but the line you are reading to stay focused.
Having a second person proofread can be effective in locating mistakes. Should this not prove possible an alternative is to use a professional proofreading service.
Selecting the right proofreading service
Select a service that provides proofreading for the type of document that you need proofread. Their proofreaders, writers and editors must be well qualified and experienced professionals. Regardless of the paper topic and level they must have people with the necessary qualifications to provide superior proofreading results. Benefits of using their service should include:
- Guarantees of complete customer satisfaction for all work provided.
- Inexpensive proofreading rates affordable for all
- Easy online order and payment process
- Around the clock customer support 24/7
Image credit: https://crainindustries.wordpress.com/