Translation proofreading is basically checking translated text to see if it has retained its original meaning. When proofreading translations there is seldom a word to word exchange between the original test and the translation. Rather than focus on individual words, it is better to focus on meaning conveyed instead. There are several types of translation proofreading methods that might be used depending on what the translation will be used for and time allowed for translation among other things. You can try one of the best service residency personal statement editing service and you can see all benefits of it. The following are common translation proofreading methods:
- Full proof- Complete review of the entire translation comparing the original with the translation. Check if every word has been translated and if headers and footers are complete and numbers and names correct. The translated text should also read well. This method is used when a text is for publication or its essential to be accurate such as in a court case.
- Overview- Do a rough check to verify the translation is complete. Comparing the number of paragraphs in the original and translation is enough. Check that names and numbers are correct. Used when time is very limited and the proofreader isn’t very familiar with the source or target language.
- Random sampling – A combination of full proof and overview methods. Full proof some random paragraphs and overview the rest.
Factors in translation proofreading costs
Translation proofreading rates vary from company to company depending on a number of different factors. Some of the factors that affect the proofreading rates include:
- Requested service level – Thoroughness of the proofreading. Is it a full proof or an overview? The more complete the translation proofreading, the higher the rate.
- Turnaround time – The amount of time it takes to proofread the translation. Quick turnaround time may increase rates
- Specialty content – Subject matter within some specialties such as medicine or law.
- Chosen language – In some cases the language being translated to can influence translation proofreading rates
If you are having problems with any part of the translation proofreading process, find a company that provides a translation proofreading service that can help.
Finding the perfect translation proofreading service
You need to find translation proofreading services that are affordable and of high quality. The proofreaders and translators they use must be trained professionals with extensive experience in translation proofreading. Their training and experience can be put to use for your benefit, to provide you with the best possible proofreading translation proofreading service. Some of the advantages of using their service must also include:
- Guarantees of complete customer satisfaction for all work provided.
- Around the clock customer support 24/7
- Fast and easy online order and payment process
- Complete customer confidentiality